We were “in the pink” on Wednesday as we came to school dressed in our pink (and white) shirts in support of “Day of Pink: Celebrate Diversity.”
We spent some time talking about ways we can show Kindness and Caring to others. Here’s what we’re thinking:
- Clean up our own messes after we’ve eaten our lunch
- Listen to the lunch monitors
- Play with someone who’s all by themselves
- Be nice to others
- Be cooperative with my big buddy
- Use “please” and “thank you”
- If my friend gets hurt, I’ll help
- Make good choices
- Share with the other kids
- Use words, not actions
- Be helpful to our teachers
- Give compliments to others
- Listen to our teacher
We’re noticing how Ridgeview kids show caring and kindness and adding them to our special tree!
This Week in Our Room: February 22-26, 2016
We’re really flying through the alphabet now as we finished working on letter S this week. Our children are beginning to develop fine motor strength and this is evident in their increased stamina for printing letters and words.
We also met with our Grade 7 Big Buddies to work on the next page of our Penguin Inquiry project, Penguin Features, on the app “Book Creator.”
Upcoming Events and Reminders
Wednesday, March 2 will be a busy day in the Kindergarten. We will be having “Stories from the Firehall,” a visit from the West Vancouver Firefighters.
It’s also our school lockdown practice. We will be speaking to the Kindergarten ahead of time about our expectations for the day.