We eat our recess snack in the classroom, then have a recess playtime outside mid-morning on the adventure playground. We have the outside time on our own, so that the Kindergarten children can enjoy the use of the playground with just their peer group of around 40 children total. They are supervised under the watchful eye of Ridgeview adult playground supervisors.
Ideas for Recess Snack
Your child will enjoy a peaceful time of snack and quiet conversation with their friends. We always wash our hands and sit down to eat, with our water bottles.
You can help your children enjoy their snack further by involving them in the preparation of simple, healthy and refreshing choices.
- Cheese and crackers
- Fruit and vegetables – sliced and possibly peeled (including small oranges) with a dip for a treat; grapes, cherry tomatoes, celery and carrot sticks, cucumber, sliced apples, pineapple chunks, strawberries, melon
- Fruit cups, individual canned fruit
- Dried fruit – raisins, Craisins, apricots
- Goldfish crackers
- Yogurt, in small containers or tubes
- Granola bars (peanut-free)
- Dried cereals