We had such an awesome response to our Christmas book list that we thought we would write up another one for you.
We’ve been learning about the seasons and seasonal changes in Kindergarten, and of course we’re focusing on Winter right now. We’ve made some amazing art projects, we’re starting to use frame sentences and next month we start ice-skating as part of our school’s Winter sports program.
But we think the best part of Winter is the chance to cosy up with a good book! We love bringing our classes together at the meeting area and inviting the children to sit closely together to listen to a great story. Here are the books we’ve read recently to our classes.
Winter Book List
- The Hat (Jan Brett)
- The Mitten (Jan Brett)
- Snowmen at Night (Caralyn Buehner, illustrated by Mark Buehner)
- The Mitten Tree (Candace Christiansen, illustrated by Elaine Greenstein)
- The First Day of Winter (Denise Fleming)
- Stella Queen of the Snow (Marie-Louise Gay)
- I See Winter (Charles Ghigna, illustrated by Ag Jatkowska)
- The Snowy Day (Ezra Jack Keats)
- The Missing Mitten Mystery (Steven Kellogg)
- Sadie and the Snowman (Allen Morgan, illustrated by Brenda Clark)
- Owl Moon (Jane Yolen, illustrated by John Schoenherr)
- Jolly Snow (Jane Hissey)
- A Bed for Winter (Karen Wallace)
- Over and Under the Snow (Kate Messner, illustrated by Christopher Silas Neal)
- The Biggest, Best Snowman (Margary Cuyler, illustrated by Will Hillenbrand)
- Winter Wonderland (Jill Esbaum)
- Winter (Nuria Roca)
- Winter (Sian Smith)
Here’s hoping you find time to read some good books yourself!
Pingback: Literature Based Winter Art | The Self-Regulated Teacher