For today’s library lesson on developing questioning skills, with a focus on thinking, here is the list of amazing questions the Kindergarten children came up with today.
- What something (ie., spider) is ?
- How do you make things (ie., school, money) ?
- How do you make paper?
- I’m thinking about a fire drill.
- Where do monsters come from?
- How do you mix dough?
- I’m thinking about when your whole world floods.
- Where do dinosaurs come from?
- Where do leaves come from in the forest?
- How do meteors come down?
- How do sharks comes out of the water?
- How do birds fly?
- Where do camels from from?
- Where do moose come from?
You can see from their questions that not only do the children think and wonder about many things, but think and worry as well (#7 “I’m thinking about when your whole world floods”). The children will quickly learn that by using the 5 Ws (who, what, when, where, why and how) when asking questions, they will gain much more information, and ultimately a better understanding of their world.